Sunday, October 30, 2005

Stem Cell Research


Does anybody know where the universe ends?
To me, stem cell research is similar to challenging the above ultimate question.All cells come from pre-existing cells, and all living organism, including plants have stem cells. Since plants and animals don't have a brain capacity to even begin investigating this question, we, humans owe to rest of the natural world to find out, and continue taking advantage of our"bizarrely advanced brain functions".

Whether "killing cells" means "killing human life" or not is up to each individual’s concept. I don't think "pretending to ignore people who are suffering from illness" is very humane thing to do.

We shouldn’t cease to advance. I won’t be living on this earth when somebody finds out where the universe ends or how did very first “cell” appear.

But someday we will.

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Japanese in Seattle said...

Konnichiwa!
Thank you for your nice comment.
So far I have been just studying for my Biology exam, nothing else interesting has been going on.
I have to get ready ready to go to work shortly!
Please tell every decent(?)person to read my blog!
Arigato~.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home