Thursday, November 03, 2005

Soap Opera in US

I may not be the most qualified to talk about soap operas here in US, because I don't watch them.
Today, I turned on my TV so I coulc hear English constantly in my background while I worked.
Since I am determined to get rid of my accent and sound as native English speaker as possible, I don't have any choice, but to surround myself with that kind of environment. I briefly passed by to see what is going on the screen and as I expected I saw two perfectly beautified women ARGUING. Their perfect ness is almost unreal and makes them look more,"Bxxxxy". I remember when I didn't work and had extra time to waste by watching TV. I did try to watch some soap operas. I kind of forced myself to watch them, thinking it was a meaningful thing to do to learn American culture.
The most significant value I learned from them at that time was in order to survive in this country, you need to know how to be a BXXXX, and sincerely enjoy watching artificially beautiful people (who goes to bed with perfect make up on) arguing every day.

I wonder what kind of soap operas would be playing if they were made for men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home